Who doesn’t love a delicious banana bread?! We have a super easy, guilt-free recipe without refined sugar that we promise will be a hit among adults and the kiddos. Enjoy!
Recipe yields 1 loaf
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 1/2 medium or 2 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.